Our microwave broke about two weeks ago. I'm telling you- it's been living in the dark ages for us. We have had to use pans, the oven, the toaster, and actually COOK! For those of you who know me- I HATE TO COOK! Actually I like it- it just takes so long, and then you have to clean up. It feels like an all day process.
Anyhoo- we have discovered that it takes 25 minutes to cook a frozen burrito. It use to take 1. Dinner dishes are not great for warming things up in the oven- the paint on them melts. Fruit is a fun snack because you don't have to cook it!! Hamburger takes about 30-45 minutes to thaw in a sink of HOT water. Bread takes at least two hours to thaw at room temperature. Broiling in the oven heats things up quickly on the outside- but they are still frozen in the middle! And the best tip of all- Microwave popcorn only works in the microwave!!
We just couldn't take it one more day, and so we broke down and bought a new OTR(Over the Range- I didn't know what that meant either) microwave and we will be putting it in today with the help of my rugged and oh so helpful dad. How did we ever survive before microwaves??? We are so spoiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment