After being home from a wonderful week in Hawaii for less than 24 hours, I had to leave for Japan. I am in Fukuoka this trip which is in Southern Japan. I am here to do another presentation on, of all things, laundry detergent. It is a fun presentation and one I have done numerous times so I feel pretty good about it.
The flights over here were good. I was still jet lagged from the Hawaii flights so I slept from SLC to SFO. After watching Get Smart I slept for most of the flight from SFO to KIX. I cleared customs and immigration on Osaka and went to the gate for the last flight. I waited for about 2 hours and got on a bus which took me to the plane. The interesting thing was the plane from KIX to FUK was of all things a Turbo Prop. I haven't been in a turbo prop since my Army days. The plane rumbled out to the runway and as the pilot made the final turn I felt him apply power. It seemed like no more than 100 yards and we were in the air. It brought back memories and soon the vibration from the props put me right to sleep again.
I picked up my bag and made my way out to get in a taxi. I arrived at the Grand Hyatt only to find that our Japan office hadn't made a reservation for me. I was told they did but the hotel had no record. So I started to get a bit cranky. However it all turned out OK because the hotel had a room available. One I got to my room I had to go out and find a coke. So I walked around for about an hour. The shopping center next to the hotel is all set up for Christmas. They were even playing Christmas music.
This trip will be short. I got here late last night and will leave tomorrow. It will be good to be home for the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment