This is my favorite week of the year. We gear up for the best meal ever, shop ourselves silly, and decorate the house for Christmas. What could be better? The kids & I have been sick this week so we are off to a rough start- but I am hopeful that they will get it out of their system before Christmas. That's the worst! Montana has been fighting off pink eye (missed school for 2 days), I've been hacking and sniffly for weeks, and poor Justice is puky the wonder boy today. He hasn't been able to eat or stand up all day. So Justi and I are home while the family is off to Grama Nadine's and Grampa George's for Turkey Dinner. Lucky for us, we are doing Thanksgiving again at my mom's on Sunday. So hopefully everyone will be 100% by then.
We were able to buy a beautiful new Christmas tree this year. It's 9 ft. tall and pre-lit. We bought all new ornaments for it (a once in a lifetime indulgence I am sure) and we are having a ball. We did kind of a rustic, naturey them. Twig balls, balls with leaves, pine cones, acorns, berry garland, rusty jingle balls, rusty snowflakes, and cute little father christmas ornaments. The angel on top has pinebranch wings, and brown fur trim on her dress. It sounds weird when you explain it but it really is pretty. My mom is always the gung-ho Christmas decorator, so it was fun to be able to pick a theme and run with it-she would be so proud.
Eric woke up with more energy than an army of men. He cleaned the garage, raked the leaves, put the patio furniture away in the garage, and put up the Christmas lawn decorations. That was all this morning! What a guy.



No comments:
Post a Comment