Woosh, Woosh, Splash...do you hear the waves? We do!! We are here in paradise...Kona Hawaii at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. I am not kidding, it literally is heaven on earth. We will have to post pics when we return because the computer is not reading our memory card. We are having a blast and Eric is spoiling me rotten. If you want the nitty gritty details read on, it's a novella.
Here is a recap of day 1.
5:00 am Eric arranged for a car service to pick us up. The driver took our bags and everything. It was very exciting. Grama Dodie called us at about 5:30 to wish us a happy anniversay. What a silly bird- up with the chickens. That put a big smile on my face. We arrived at the airport and got checked in- had a bagel sandwich for breakfast and waited for our journey to begin.
7:10am Our flight left from SLC to Phoenix. We had a two hour layover so we strolled the airport and did a little window shopping. We found a lot of cool Native American stuff that we may get on our way back to SLC. We were very anxious to get on the plane and go. But there was a mechanical problem with the plane- so we waited about another hour while they brought in another plane. That made me a little nervous.
12:00pm Our flight to Kona finally took off. Wahoo! It was loooooooong. Six hours in the air. Nothing to look at but clouds. There were some movies and tv shows on, but we tried to sleep. I was terribly restless. Eric did sleep most of the way. He is a much better traveler than me. I kept saying "are we getting close?", "what time is it?", "can you see anything?". I know Eric was annoyed but he kept smiling at me. I can't help it that I'm so excited!!
3:30pm (Hawaii Time): We finally arrived. The Kona airport is so cool. You get out of the airplane on stairs that go directly to the tarmack. Palm trees and flowers everywhere. The airport gates were like outdoor huts, with benches. It was awesome. I took a lot of pics. We went to get our bags and there was a guy standing there with a sign with Eric's name on it. Wow! He had a flower lei for each of us and told us the car to the hotel would be here in a few moments.
4:30 pm We arrived at the village. I cannot describe adequatley how beautiful it is here. Palm trees, flowers, green plants everywhere you look, swimming pools, lazy rivers, dolphin lagoon,volcanic rock, beach swimming, hammocks and lounge chairs everywhere, amazing art and statues, a train to take you from one point of the village to another (because it's so huge!), or you can take a boat- CRAZY! We checked into our room- and my honey had arranged to have roses, cheese and crackers, chocolate strawberries, and a bottle of champagne, waiting in the room for us- with a card from Eric to me. How did he do that? I was amazed. What a guy!
5:30 pm We walked all over the property. To Buddha point, the dolphin lagoon, layed in a hammock, watched the sunset and beautiful waves roll in. It was HOT! By the time we got back to the room I had to change my clothes and felt like a shower was in order. But we just freshened up because we had dinner reservations.
7:00 Dinner at the Kirin restaurant, Chinese cuisine. It was so delicious. Even the rice smelled good. We had General Tso's chicken and ribs. It was hard not to make yummy sounds the whole time. I think I drank about 12 glasses of water because the food was so spicy. Oh yeah! Just how I like it!
8:30 We were totally exhausted. We showered and went to bed. We decided we were still on Salt Lake time so it was ok to go to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment