Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Voices

My good friend Amy talked me into joining a singing group called Voices. We were in A Capella Choir (Madrigals) together during High School and have so many fun memories of it. I thought I would give it a try. It will be fun for me to get out and hang with adults and perform a little again. Plus I can get my singing voice back in tune. My family actually can't believe I was ever a singer. Everyone in the group is really good, and they can all play and read music. I am pretty much just a singer by ear- I can read a little but I would like to be much better. So I have a lot of catching up to do. It went pretty well for our first practice today. We are going to learn 13 songs for our singing Valentines. We sing pretty much all day on the 13th. We go to people's work and deliver sweet songs from their honey! I am excited. Let me know if you would like a singing Valentine for your honey!! We also do a spring program, and of course Christmas performances. I have lots of practicing to do and hope I won't embarrass myself or the group!! la, la, la, la, la!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Way fun!! You go girl...

...