Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good News!

Sierra's busy week turned into good news. She was picked to be on her school's Dance Company and is very excited about it. Now Cheer try-outs continue next week. They don't have to campaign this year- it is strictly an audition. I am hoping someone smaller than her will make the team so that they can quit throwing her around :-p We will keep you updated.

She also had her first dance competition of the season today. It is always hectic getting all the costumes to fit, the last minute preparations, the nerves. But they did a fantastic job. Her team took first place in Show & Jazz, and second place in Lyrical. There routines are so amazing this year. I will try to post video of them after the next competition. I really wanted to just watch today, as I haven't really seen the finished dances yet. She won't compete her solo routine until next month. I absolutely love just showing up to watch her dance! Not being in charge of anything is so nice. No scenery to haul around, no music to prepare, no parents calling at all hours, etc. etc. etc. But I do miss the old dance studio days. Seeing all this awesome choreography and the fun costumes and creative staging- it really gives me the itch to work something up. At least in my mind.

Here's a cute pic of little Sierra when the studio was auditioning to be entertainment for the 02 Olympics. She is #3854. Wow time flies!


2 comments:

Greg and Niki said...

I love that pix. What a doll. She really does look a lot like Alexa.. Or the other way around I guess. Congrats on making Dance Co.

FRED said...

Way to go Granddaughter. Luv yur guts.
grandpa Fred

...