Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tokyo Day 2 part one

Good morning from Tokyo. It is about 9:20am and I have been up since 4:15am when ths boss called and said "are you up?". It has been a great day so far. Went to breakfast and I must say McDonalds here is amazing. The food actually looks like the picture. It is worth having. After breakfast I stopped at the local Starbucks and had a small carmel something. It was good. I just sat there and watched the city wake up. With every minute more and more people were gathering at the stop lights and the traffic picked up. It is cool and there is a light rain in the air. I sat there and contemplated life.

Speaking of life, as I crossed the street this morning something hit me pretty hard. I was right in the middle of the street with tall buildings all around and cars and people every where. The thought that came to me was centered around blessings. How many people can say they have experienced Tokyo. Because of where I work almost everybody has been here but outside of work how many people do I know have been to Tokyo or outside of the US for that matter. I think I can count on my hands how many people I know that have been to Asia.

I started thinking about family, friends, work, home and spirituality. I have so many blessings and yet sometimes I forget to take inventory of how good I really have it. I am so thankful for all that I have, my family, health, talents, connection with spirit, friends, a warm home, cars, plenty of food, a good job that supports a good lifestyle and so much more. Everyday is truly a gift and should not be squandered.

For some reason my computer won't open the memory card from the camera So I can't post pictures yet. I will keep trying. I will post anotehr update after my meeting.

1 comment:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

How can it be day two? You just left yesterday morning? Didn't you travel for a whole day? Anyhoo- glad you are enjoying the Asian way of life. We miss you!

ps- No I have not been to Asia- quit rubbing it in!!!

...