Sunday, May 18, 2008

Competition Weekend Pt 2

Well yesterday went much better for Sierra. Their team is absolutely amazing. They work hard all year and it shows. Her teachers and director are so talented. The ideas and choreography they come up with are genius. When they perform everyone in the room stops and is mesmerized. Sierra is very lucky to be a part of this team and we are thankful for all that they do for her. Her team took high point in Jazz, Lyrical, & Show. Also they won Sweepstakes for the Region. They of course were on cloud 9.

I was asked to judge several divisions (that Sierra was not in) during the day. I was glad for the diversion because it was a LOOOOONG day. It was fun but it is always taxing on the brain and hand. Trying to write down everything you want to say before they go on to the next move can be challenging. I felt good about my decisions.

Mom came and spent the day with us. But for the first time in 30 years, Grama Dodie wasn't able to come to the Regional competition. She has been such a big supporter all these years. Hopefully she will be able to make it to Vegas for Nationals, but we will see if she feels up to it. We really missed her. I told Mom I was so thankful that she was able to come with me. I would have been sitting there all day by myself. Boring. Dad agreed to watch Justice and Montana all day. So it was just her and I- and occasionally Sierra would pop in. Mom always writes notes in the program about each routine. What they wear or if she liked it. Then when awards are announced we write down the places of each team. I think its more of a way to pass the time then anything else. Although our backs and butts are sore from sitting on bleachers all day, we have fun at the competitions.

1 comment:

Misty said...

HI Jenn! This is Misty (Aaron's wife) Grandma Dodie showed me your blog - you have such a cute family! I just thought I'd drop in and say hi!

...