Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Momma's Day!

What a great day! The kids and Eric came and woke me up with sweet cards and presents. Montana made me a cute framed picture that says why she loves me and a coupon book for chores, massages, and what not. You better believe I will be redeeming every one of those coupons!! Sierra gave me a beautiful rose and card. I also got one of those singing cards where the kids were able to record their voices. They each said "I love you Mommy". Then it played the song "You're unbelievable". That brought tears to my eyes. I love being a mom. With all of its challenges and frustration, there is joy, love, happiness, and a sense of purpose. I absolutely love my kids. Each one is unique and such a blessing. It is so fun to ponder what they will be like when they grow up. I am a lucky woman to have these beans in my life. (Human Beans- hee hee). Eric also spoiled me with some furniture- a set of 3 wicker and wood chest of drawers that I have been wanting for awhile. They hold all my stuff and look so pretty!! He made a yummy breakfast and also gave me some spending cash with instructions to only spend it on ME! Well alrighty then. If I must!!


We went and saw the movie "Iron Man" with my mom and dad and our whole crew. It was moms first choice of what to do. It was the first time all 7 of us have seen a movie together. Usually somebody is working or gone- so it was a big deal. And wow it was expensive. But the movie was sooooooo good (Robert Downey Jr. is so hot!!). We had a great time and spent the rest of the day together.


My mom rocks. She is always there to lend a hand- babysit, cook, tell stories, attend the grandkids events, plan parties. She has always been my biggest supporter. She has taught me how to be a woman. More and more I find myself wanting to be more like her. She has so many talents that I wish I would have inherited. She is an amazing woman. Being a mom helps me realize how much she did for me growing up that I never noticed or appreciated. A great big Thank You and I love you to you mom!

Some cute pics of our lunch date a few days ago.

No comments:

...