Today Eric was in a very scary car crash. He was going back to work in Springville after lunch. He was stopped at a railroad crossing, the warning arms had just come down because a train was coming. A one ton truck was coming up behind him and didn't slow down at all. The truck hit Eric and pushed him through the crossing, breaking the crossing arms and across the track to the other side. Eric said he heard the glass break and saw the truck in the rear view but then blacked out. Both cars made it through safely to the other side just in time as the train sped by blowing it's horn. Eric was put on a backboard and in a C-collar and taken by ambulance to the Timpanogas Hospital. His boss called me from the emergency room to let me know what had happened. I had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was happy he was ok, but afraid for what I would see at the hospital.
I arranged for my mom to take the kids and hurried down there. He was laying on the bed still in his clothes and shoes. They had his new coat behind his neck/back like a makeshift pillow. They had cut it off of him and it was good for little else. They had taken x-rays and everything appeared to be ok. No broken bones, fractures, or fused disks. So he will be very sore with whiplash and bruises, but he is basically ok. We have been dazed and stunned the rest of the day. Literally, life flashed before our eyes. Eric could be dead, I could be a widow, what would we do now? Luckily, by the grace of God, Eric has been saved for a greater purpose.
We have been holding hands, shedding tears, and counting our blessings. Our "new" car will be in the repair shop for a while. It is pretty banged up in the back. The window, tailgate, bumper, taillights, back wiper and the driver seat all need repair. Other than that it is salvageable.
Thank you God for keeping my baby safe. I am so grateful!!
2 comments:
OMG! I am glad to hear Eric is doing ok...wow that is scary.
Oh my God Eric. I am so relieved that you made it through the crash. I sure makes you think about your own mortality doesn't it? Thank God you are still here too many people would be lost without you.
Love Uncle Dan
Post a Comment