It is 8:41 am on Friday December 7th. Last night my translator and her mother took me to a wholesale street market and to dinner. The market was buzzing and you could just about find anything you want. I made some purchases most of which I cannot say here because they are gifts for my loved ones. However I did spend $900 on a pair of shoes. Ahhhhh the high life. It is so fun to say "Yes these shoes cost me $900." It is the life of a wannabe big shot. Did I say it was $900 Taiwan dollars. That is about $27 US. I think I will stick to the $900 story and leave off the currency exchange.
I am feeling very good this morning. Had a great breakfast and now it is off to see more of Taipei. We are going to the National Museum and to the worlds tallest building today and i hope more shopping. The food last night was great. We had about 6 different dishes all of which were very hot. My nose was running but it was a good kind of hot. Good stuff
There seems to be a lot of political stuff going on here. From what I can gather the current government is trying to erase some of Taiwan's history. It seem crazy but political parties are fighting about such things as the color of the roof of a building.
Tomorrow morning I will be taking the train down to the meeting site. It is about one hour south of Taipei. I don't know what route the train takes but I hope to get to see some of the country side. From my hotel room I can see mountains. It is very green and the clouds hang low in the mornings it is very pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment