Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OUCH!!!

It's a good thing Eric is home- because I fell and busted my ankle last night. Luckily he was here to take me to the doctor and all that fun stuff. I slipped down the stairs in front of our house. They looked dry but were just slippery enough for me to go down like a rag doll. I landed in a pile with my foot in a twisted position. I knew right away it was not good. So I layed there crying like a baby and not wanting to move. It's a clean break at the bottom of my tibia. So I will be on crutches and in a cast for 6 weeks. Lovely. Just how I wanted to spend my holidays. So being the good man that he is- Eric was able to cancel his next trip to help nurse me back to getting around. Can't put weight on it yet as it is very painful still. Keeping it up and icing it is helping. I had a shot for the pain last night and it is just wearing off. Need to get to the pharmacy and pick up my prescription drugs. The bad part about narcotics is they make me terribly nauseous- so I have to take another pill to be able to keep it down. FUN! Anyhoo- my lunch is ready. Thanks Eric!!

No comments:

...