Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I am back

After about 20 hours on 3 planes I finally made it back home. The driver picked me up at the SLC airport and brought me home. He carried my bags in the house and the kids got a big kick out of seeing him. As he got ready to leave they all said "Good Bye Driver". It was very funny.

Now for a recap of the last day in Taiwan. At the meeting we had about 125 people which is a good turnout. Unfortunately, I completely froze when I went on stage. I had to read the majority of the presentation. I am not pleased with my performance. I hope I get a chance to redeem myself. We rode the bullet train to the city where the meeting took place. At one point the display inside the train said "your current speed is 294 kmh. Which is about 185 mph. I must say that it didn't seem that fast.

When we got back to Taipei we went out for dinner. The food was great. I also set up the car service for the next morning to take me to the airport. So at 4:45 am Sunday I went down stairs and checked out of the hotel. They informed me that my car was on it's way. After about 5 minutes the 740Li pulled around and as I got in they brought out a tray with my breakfast on it. So here I am in a 740Li having breakfast in Taipei. What a life.

After 4 hours I landed in Singapore. I believe the Singapore airport is probably the nicest airport I have ever been in. I purchased some pearls for Jenn and #1 and a few others things for #2 and #3. Then it was back on a plane for another 15 hours to LAX which is the worst airport I have ever been in. After 2 hours and a beer later it was on another plane for the 1.5 hour flight to SLC.

All in all it was a great trip.

No comments:

...