Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Taiwan

Well I am out traveling again. This month will be as heavy as ever. I am currently in Taiwan until Sunday. On Wednesday it is off to Canada and Nashville until Friday then on Sunday it is off to NJ/NY until Thursday. All told I will be home for 3 days from the 4th -the 20th.

Enough of that. At 2:40 Dave (the care service guy) picked me up and took me to the airport for the first leg of the trip. LAX is not my favorite airport. After a 4 hour layover I boarded a Singapore Air flight for Taipei. Singapore Air really has customer service dialed in. They actually seem to care about their customers. About an hour after takeoff I took 2 Tylenol PM and before I knew it we only had 3 hours left on the flight. The flight was 13.5 hours long so I slept for about 9 of it. It was great.

After clearing customs I walked out to find my name on a sign and this guy running up to me saying "this way" So he takes my bag and walks very quickly out to the street and calls someone. About a minute later a 740LI (I think) picks me up. The driver says "Good morning Sir" and drives me about 30 minutes to the Hotel where I am met by another guy opening my door and unloads my bag. I walk into the Hotel and up to the desk and the person behind the desk say "Welcome Mr. Nugent". Ya know, a guy could get used to this type of treatment.

I will be meeting with my translator later this afternoon and I hope I can talk them into taking me to a night market. That sounds fun. Because I am going to be gone all month I need to find something cool for my Jenn. All in all so far things have gone very well. The meeting is on Saturday and I am feeling pretty good about it. I will update daily so stay tuned.

No comments:

...