Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dance, Dance, Dance


Sierra started drill team auditions for Taylorsville High today. They have to be there at 5:15 AM- and start dancing at 5:30. They are done at 7:00 and then it's off to school. Sierra went to bed at 8:00 pm (unheard of), woke up at 4:00 am(crazy!), showered, put make-up on, did a fancy hair-do, and was waking me up before 5:00. I think she is a little excited. And she will be exhausted this week. They have morning rehearsal today, tomorrow, and Friday- then the try-out Friday after school. Then the real fun begins. It will be drill team 24/7 all year.

Montana is having severe anxiety about her solo that she has been working on all year. Now that it is getting really close to performance time, she wants to give up. I know she is scared, and thinks she's not very good- but she is. She is behind the power curve as most of these girls started when they were 3 or 4, but she has raw talent. Beautiful kicks, pointed toes, power, and she learns complicated moves very easily. We are trying to boost her confidence with this solo. I would love for her to just get out there, get through it with a smile (or at least not run off), and earn her trophy. She will be so proud of herself. But- she won't even rehearse if someone is watching her. I need to come up with some kind of bribe or incentive to get her over this. Any ideas??? I'm so nervous for her. But this was her idea- she wanted to do it. So I am helping her to follow through- even though it's hard. I want her to enjoy it- but it seems to be a life lesson at this point. We don't give up when things get hard- we push through and hope for the best. Her costume is so darling- and she does such a good job when she is in rehearsal with her teacher. Don't give up sweetie. You can do it! I believe in you- now you believe in you!

No comments:

...