Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Day out on the town

We decided to do whatever we could today to stay out of the house. So we went to lunch, played on the playground, and then headed to the Aquarium. I hadn't been before and I thought the kids would like it. It was Montana, Justice, Skyler, and me. I called information to get the address. They told me it was downtown. I ended up at some furniture store??? So I called dad and asked him to look up the website for the address. It was actually in Sandy. It seemed like forever before we finally arrived. The kids were getting really upset with me- so it is a good thing we were able to find it! We had a great time. They have Utah type fish and aquatic life, ocean fish like jelly fish, octopus, manta rays, eels, sharks, etc, and some Amazon water life, crocodiles, groupers, pirhanna, etc. It was really fascinating.




I tried to get the kids to touch the manta ray- they were very nervous- So I did it. It was very slimy and squishy-it made me think of the texture of jello. I let out a squeal because it was kinda gross- and then the kids wanted nothing to do with it. My favorite was the jelly fish, the octopus(even though it was disgusting) and the sea horses. So cute. The kids couldn't decide what their favorites were. They both said they liked "Everything!" Justice took most of the pics! So some of them actually don't have anything in them- but he is so proud of them that he didn't want to delete any of them. Tana took most of the ones of Skyler. She loves him so much. He is a bit weary of her constantly trying to hold him and chase him around. She cries and says that he doesn't love her- I told her to let him come to her more. So we are working on that. She will be a great mommy one day!

We got some ice cream after and then went to the library to get a few books. I am looking for one called The Shack. A friend recommended it. They didn't have it so I have it reserved for when it comes in. We didn't get home til 5:30. That's the way to spend a day! Love being with my kiddos!

No comments:

...