Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Working hard is worth it!!

A few months ago I started a task chart for each of the kids. It's a list of things they should accomplish each day. We started using the website www.handipoints.com to help keep track of points and rewards. A few months ago Tana earned her cellphone, Sierra has earned lots of spending money & friend dates, and Justice just accomplished a goal he has been working on for MONTHS! He had to earn 1500 points for a Wii system. And he did it!! We picked it up last night and he was in 7th heaven today. We got the Fit board to go with it. I was able to get it on KSL.com for a great price. It was actually brand new & still in the boxes and original packaging. He is really good at push-ups, and the hula hoop game. They didn't have much time this morning to figure out all the games-but I am sure it won't take long. I will post some pics and possibly video of him shakin' those hips. It is hilarious. Where did he learn to move his hips like that?? So fun to see him so excited!!

I have never been a video game fan- but I thought this might be a fun alternative. This will also be a good bribe for him to get his homework and chores done on a consistent basis. Hope his angelic attitude lasts! I was teasing him that he had been replaced by an alien version of himself because he has not argued with me in three days. He is helpful-courteous-and agreeable about everything. THIS IS NOT NORMAL- but I am not complaining. I know he was on his best behavior because he knew the Wii was coming in a couple days. So I hope now that we have it, it doesn't throw a wrench in his fantastic attitude adjustment!!

No comments:

...