Wow- I am starting to feel the pressure of taking care of the house, yard, kids, and bills on my own. Not only is it stressful- but totally time consuming. Eric usually took care of the yard so I am taking on that task now. I have to admit that it is very therapeutic. I sprayed all the multiplying weeds with weed killer a couple days ago- so today I went around digging and pulling them all up. I swear there were at least 20 lbs of weed in just my postage stamp front yard and on the side of the house. Phew. I already know how to mow- but I have learned how to rethread the weed wacker. Something I thought I would never figure out. We planted seed flowers in the front yard and they are starting to come up. I also have more seed flowers that need to get planted in our planters. I hope they work because 10 dollars for seeds bets 100 dollars for grown flowers anyday! I need to plant some more grass seed in the bare spots (from weeds and our lovely dog), and then fertilize the lawn after I get the rest of the weeds pulled in the back yard.
Now I have laundry and dishes staring at me. Ugh. But I love having a home to call my own. I pray the Lord will help me be able to keep it- and keep it up!
2 comments:
Hey Jenn,
Sounds hectic,
Hope the divorce thing is working out well—everyone cooperative etc.
How are the kids handling it?
Fred
Hey Fred-
I guess things are going as well as can be expected. Things still aren't final so I guess we will see out it irons out in the next couple of years. It's tough on the kids and they have their moments of meltdown- but I think they will be ok. Thanks for asking.
Post a Comment