This morning about 4:00am I hear this loud crash bang in the kitchen. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not- so I sat up in bed, and listened for a minute. I could hear scurrying footsteps and then it was quiet. So completely freaked out, I assume the worst- someone is in the house! I tip toe up the stairs ready to clobber somebody with my roundhouse kick and realize the tv is on- strange. I see Montana on the couch covering her ears with her hands. I assess the situation- contents of kitchen cupboard are on the floor. I asked her what she was doing- she said "The wind is so loud"? Huh. I ask her a few more questions. She is not making any sense. Then she says- "I'm hungry, can I have some waffles?" So I rub my eyes- tell her she can have one eggo- then it's back to bed. I prepare said waffle, bring it to her- and she looks at me like I have three heads. "What's this?" I said it's the waffle you asked for. "But I wanted cereal." So I sit down on the couch with her and shake her a bit. Montana- are you awake? After a few more weird groggy minutes- she lays down on the couch and falls asleep.
I sat there scratching my head- what the heck just happened? I am chalking it up to sleepwalking. Hope this doesn't happen very often. My heart was still pumping with adrenaline- so here I am blogging in the wee hours of morning. Ahhh, the adventures of motherhood. Just when you think you've figured things out- BAM! they hit you with something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment