Monday, May 18, 2009

3 weeks left!

The kids only have 3 weeks left of school! They are so excited for summer to be here. All three of them have a severe case of spring fever. They are very restless, don't want to go to school, and can't stop talking about their summer plans.

Sierra has her summer pretty much full to the rim with activities. Drill from 6-9 in the morning :-(, Stars a couple nights a week, friends, friends, friends, drill camp, Vegas Competition for Stars, and she has acquired a pretty serious boyfriend (Mark) so I will be keeping an eagle eye on the two of them. He is really sweet to her and I like him- but that makes me even more worried :-{.

Montana has decided to try out for STARS Showteam. So we will be crossing our fingers that she makes the team. So she has that to look forward to as well as the Vegas Solo Dance Competition. She's turned into a little dancin' machine. She has tons of friends in the neighborhood so I am sure she will be busy with them all summer. Swim Lessons will be in there somewhere and don't forget her Birthday in August. She will be turning 10!! How can that be???

Justice has been consumed with playing the Wii since we got it. It has been so much fun. I actually don't mind it- he plays lots of games on the Fit Board, and his favorite is the Free Run. So he wiggles, jumps, and runs on that thing every chance he gets!! It keeps him and his friends entertained- which I much prefer to the usual running, jumping down stairs, throwing stuff at each other, and screaming all over the house. It's much more manageable. He'll have swim lessons, he wants to play soccer, and I am trying to get him back to Tae Kwon Do. He has decided he HATES it. So it's been a struggle- because he is SO GOOD at it!! What to do?

I'm still on the job hunt. And that is getting real old. I've got a couple of interviews this week so I am hoping that one of them works out. I also am considering switching schools. I have decided that a teaching degree is not the direction I would like to go. It just won't be enough money in the end. I am considering becoming a surgical tech. School is only two years and the pay is a lot better as well as being a wide open market for jobs. Plus it would be so amazing!! I am still looking into it. But I am pretty sure I need a switch. My need for a larger income is outweighing what I would "like" to do.

So there is a preview of things to come this summer. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

...