Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All she wants to do is dance!!

Last night and tonight Sierra had her dance concert for BJH. She has worked for weeks after school in rehearsal. She choreographed a Lyrical Routine entitled "Hypnosis". This one was my absolute favorite of the whole show and not just because I'm bias- it really is good! She also choreographed a prop/jazz routine with her friend Tiffany S. Half the group were puppet masters holding a contraption we made with paint sticks and pink duct tape, and attached to each end of the sticks were long 3" wide elastic strips that attached to the "puppets" wrists and ankles. It turned out really cute. Hard to explain though. She was also in 4 other routines.

I was really impressed with the girls. They all did a great job on their choreography, selection of costumes, and for the most part- the routines were pretty clean and had good technique. Definitely not drill team or Stars quality but really good. It was hard for Sierra to participate with this group because she has to really dial it down- but the choreography was something she has not had a chance to do yet. So it was really a great experience for her!

I took Justi and Tana to see it last night, and tonight I went with Mom, Dad, and Grama Mc. They were pretty impressed with our Bofi!! She rocks. She has more talent in her pinkie than all of us combined! Congrats on a fantastic concert! Now it's over and you can relax for a bit!

I will post youtube links when I get them.

3 comments:

Greg and Niki said...

WHAT? I wish I had known. I would have gone! Bummer!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Oh man! Sorry Nik- I thought Chris let you guys know. I will let you know from now on.

Misty said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! What a neat opportunity for Sierra!

...