Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Merriment

This had to be one of the most enjoyable Mother's Days' yet. Eric sent me a text telling me thank you for being a great mom. That got my day off to a great start. My kids fussed over me all morning. Cards, handmade gifts, Sierra did my hair (which I love), and the kids got ready for church without complaint (a major feat in our home). Tana and Justi sang with the primary during sacrament meeting- that brought tears to my eyes. They are growing up so fast.

We went and spent the evening with mom and dad. Mom was busy planting her garden and flowers. I think she never relaxes. She taught me a little about planting a garden because I am starting one at our neighborhood garden plot. She always has a successful bounty- hopefully I will get a green thumb from her. We brought her flowers in a pretty pitcher to use later. She still made a delicious meal- she is amazing. I love my mom to pieces.

Dad bought a new Harley. He sold his old one and wanted a bigger, better machine. Holy cow- he got a cruising machine. It's a pretty green/tealish color. It's called an Electroglide Ultra Classic or something fancy like that. It's top of the line. He bought it from someone in Idaho. It will be fun to see mom and dad crusing around on it. I will take some pics. Anyway- he was busy customizing it and grinning from ear to ear.

We absolutely love spending time with them. Sierra was busy taking pics of everyone and everything with Dad's camera. It was so cute to see her posing Montana and having Montana giggle and grin for the camera. Justice was digging in the dirt with Grama and loving it. My heart was full of love and happiness. A great family day. I'm so blessed to be a mom and have my mom to enjoy!!

No comments:

...