Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pet Project

I was cornered at church today and found out that "a little birdy" told someone that we need a lot of work done on our house. I wasn't sure what to think about this at first but after the initial embarassment I was so excited. I am not sure who is going to do it exactly but it sounds like a bunch of different organizations: the boy scouts, the young men, and the elders in the ward are coming together to do the fix it projects in our home. The Elders Q president is coming on Tuesday to find out exactly what we need done. The first project that we discussed (that he already knew about) was the railing on the deck and down the deck stairs. They are worried about the safety issue of that. So that will be done first. We have just gotten use to it after two years. Also the fence needs to be fixed because Roxy keeps getting out and it is literally falling over. He wants me to show him anything that needs fixing. Should I really whip out my big old list?? Or just be modest and show him a handfull of the most important things? I am not sure. I just feel so blessed that in our time of need people just step in and do things for us without us even asking. That is divine intervention in my book. I am excited but nervous. I guess we will see how this irons out. It's kind of weird being a "project family". But I won't complain!!

No comments:

...