Friday, May 29, 2009

Montana Marie :-)

Looking at Montana this morning I am honestly shocked at how quickly she is growing up. Not only physically but mentally as well. She has already entered the "pre-teen phase". She has mastered the texting on the phone all morning and night, the rolling of the eyes when I ask her to do something, the constant phone calls/texts from her friends requesting sleepovers or "hanging out", the sending of e-mails without help, etc. etc.

She still wants to cuddle (yay) and have me carry her to bed- which I cannot do now because the kid is practically full grown! Her appetite is voracious!! She eats constantly- and always has- but now she is conscious of calories, fat, and working out. She and Sierra are always working out together- which is fine- I prefer for them to know that you have to be aware of the calories in/calories out equation- but I see her looking in the mirror and pinching her skin and wondering if she is fat. WHICH SHE IS DEFINITELY NOT!! The outfits she picks are much more trendy, color coordinated and so cute on her!! The hair- is the one thing she has not become crazy about-yet! She keeps trying to shave her legs- but momma keeps telling her- NOT YET! You're only 9 for crying out loud!!

She has always been a story writer and illustrator. Her stories are very important to her. Her latest story was a love story and full of the drama of break-up, crying, and then finding a love that would never die!! The drawings were fantastic. It's so fun to see how even her writing is taking on a grown-up twist. This kid is so lovable!! It's hard to watch your kids grow up- but I am trying to enjoy it and help her enjoy it too! So far so good!

No comments:

...