Tomorrow is our last spring performance for Voices. It has gone by quick- but two weeks of performances is a lot of work. I have had such a great time with these sweet ladies who put up with me. I think after 5 months I am finally making some progress with my voice. Yesterday I had my vocal director, and the group coordinator tell me how great I sounded. I was so happy to hear this because usually I am getting direction from everyone on tone, diction, note correction, etc. So that put a big smile on my face.
We have performed for several nursing homes, senior centers, our friends and family concert, and today we performed at a very very special school. It's called Jordan Valley School- a school for physically and mentally disabled "children"- from 5-adult. It was amazing. They were clapping and dancing and singing along. You could just feel the love in the room. All the staff and teachers have a great attitude and genuinely care for these kids. I feel so blessed to have been able to bring some happiness/entertainment to people we have performed for. We love to see the tears, and when people sing along, or smile- it makes all the rehearsal hours totally worth it! It's been amazing. I hope I will be able to do the Christmas season- but I will have to see what happens with the job situation. I will post some pics tomorrow after our last performance!
No comments:
Post a Comment