Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Switcheroo

For the past year we have been talking about the kids switching rooms. The downstairs room is bigger and has two closets- so that really would be more ideal for the girls. We were using one closet as storage and the other for Justice. Yesterday we decided to get started on switching closets. Sounds easy enough. But now the ENTIRE house is in chaos. All of the storage closet contents ended up in my room, and then it became Sierra's new closet with her dresser inside. Hopefully all of her belongings can be contained in there and not all over the room like they usually are. Montana and Justice switched closets and are still in the process of switching dresser contents and toys. Then the furniture and it will be done.

I need to install lighting in all three closets, repair the closet doors upstairs, and rehang the door to the downstairs bedroom. I am quickly learning about home repairs. We are also painting and trying to come up with a new design scheme for both rooms. The girls have kind of decided to do Pink & Blue with Brown accents? It has been very hard to find in bedding. But I think I might be able to do a pink/brown pattern for Sierra, and then a similar blue/brown for Montana. Finding a mix of the three colors has been discouraging. But we will see. If you have ideas or sources let me know. Of course they can't agree on the same colors- that would be too easy!!

Justice wants to do a Star Wars theme. So that should be easy. But getting rid of the peach paint in his "new room" is top priority. Anyhoo- we will be busy for a few days!! Although it is a huge and daunting task- it is so nice to go through closets once in a while. More than once yesterday I heard "Mom, look what I found", or "Oh- I've been looking for this forever!". Plus I found a million things for our yard sale coming up!! Well, back to work!!

No comments:

...