Went to see Julie & Julia last night with Mom & Montana. It was fantastic. I thought the way they combined the two story lines was fantastic. I became especially intrigued with Julia Childs love life. I am looking for the book "My life in Paris" which outlines her journey through Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School and the relationship between her and her husband. According to the movie Julia was a eternally optimistic and lovable person. She was especially devoted to her husband and he to her. They were not able to have children although she desperately wanted them. I guess the thing that intrigues me most is how she had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. She just kind of drifted around until she fell into what she loved to do. And then she became a huge success. I guess I'm hoping that's a bit how my life will turn out--not expecting the success part though.
Here is the update on my job search adventure. I have applied for so many jobs I have lost count. For the most part, they email back and say that you did not get the position...but most you just don't hear back from. I applied for three different Master Control positions with local stations here...was turned down by two and still waiting to hear from the third. My most promising opportunity is with IHC in their phlebotomy program. They took applications from 535 people and chose 75 to interview. From there they chose 30 for a second interview. I was so shocked to get that call back! They only have 12 positions to fill. So I have about a 50/50 chance. I am keeping a positive attitude that this will work out. It would be a fantatic job. I will fill you in on the details when thing work out!! I am excited that I have gotten this far.
School starts on the 24th and we are all so excited!! Sierra is starting High School, Montana will be in 4th grade, and Justice will be in 2nd grade. For the most part they have just had a super lazy, do nothing summer. Sierra has been busy with drill, but then she comes home and is so exhausted that she sleeps most of the rest of the day. So we are ready to get back to normal. They are all on each others nerves and just ready for friends, learning, and some place new to go. I'm so thankful that we have had all summer to hang out together. But I think summer has overstayed it's welcome!! Just like my unemployment!! All good things must come to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment