I have had a couple of broken sprinkler heads for most of the summer. I keep meaning to fix them, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. In the meantime, my poor lawn is getting crispy in spots. Well my mom and dad just showed up a couple days ago with a truck full of tools and were ready to get to work. I was really suprised and excited.
The broken head in the front yard was being totally choked by roots from our tree. It took several hours to chop and dig down to the problem. Literally it was fighting for every inch. Dad was using every tool known to man. We could not find the pipe where this broken head came from...so we kept digging. Mom and I were working on the yard- clearing rocks, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and making future plans...like we always do :-) After many hours we had not solved the probelm and had to call it a day. Dad said he would be back to finish.
Then Chris stopped by last night to pick up Sierra, but she was still out shopping with my mom. He saw the big hole in the lawn and said he could fix it and was just killing time until Sierra got back anyway. He looked down into the hole we had dug and could see the pipe...honestly it looked like tree roots so it was hard to tell. He went and picked up a few supplies and was able to clear the dirt out of the line. He is coming back today to finish putting the sprinkler heads on. Then I will be able to put the yard back together.
I'm so grateful for everyone's help. And my lawn thanks you too!! You guys are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment