Friday, August 21, 2009

A total surprise

My dad stopped by unexpectedly the other day. He was here with a new dishwasher for my birthday & he was ready to install it!!! I was so surprised and excited. Our old washer was completely falling apart and not cleaning the dishes at all. I guess I complained about it one too many times and my parents ran with it. So dad and I decided to install it right then & there.

We spent most of the day taking out the old disgusting washer and installing the new beautiful one. I'm so glad my dad is handy because I wouldn't know the first thing to do. After hitting his head on a drawer a couple times and the counter once, we decided we would try electrocuting him. I had turned off the breaker that was label dishwasher disposal...but apparently it was labeled wrong. He yelped pretty loud, and scared the crap out of me...but luckily he was ok. And luckily I had just wiped up the puddle of water that had leaked out of the washer!! So after the handyman was finished...we loaded the washer and waited for the magic to happen. And it works fantastically!!! Thanks sooooo much mom & dad. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

No comments:

...