Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sierra the Saleswoman

Since becoming a part of the Drill Team at Tville, Sierra has had to develop some skills I thought I would never see in her. We have to fund raise $1200.00 for her as well as the $1200.00 we have to pay out of pocket. It is ridiculously expensive- but I have to admit, totally worth it.

Sierra went around our neighborhood yesterday and wrangled up 8 girls to come to their Mini Drill event. She only needs 2 more and I know that won't be a problem for her. Today she needs to sell 50 raffle tickets for $1 a piece. Each girl was responsible for approaching businesses and asking them to donate items that they could raffle off. We have a friend that owns a clothing boutique and she gladly donated a bag of DARLING clothing. She needed to find a business sponsor and 4 people to come to the golf tournament they are having this week. She lucked out and had family fill that bill. Her aunt and uncle's company is the sponsor, and then her dad, uncle, and a couple of friends are going to be the golfers!! Thank you guys so much for that!! She also needs to find two more businesses who will advertise in the football program. She is making plans to visit several local businesses and seal the deal.

This is the same girl who wouldn't ask for a job application a few months ago. She is approaching people left and right---she doesn't really have a choice, but I can tell it is getting easier for her. I am so impressed. Yesterday I told her she could go into sales by the time her drill team career is over. She said "When I'm done with drill I will be able to do anything!"

She is more organized and responsible than I have ever seen her in her life! She cannot be late and therefore plans ahead. She goes to sleep in the dance clothes she needs to wear the next day. She has made a checklist of ALL her drill stuff and keeps it nicely organized. I love it! I'm so proud of you kiddo!

1 comment:

FRED said...

At the Jepson family reunion at a park in Bountiful today I pointed out the people who could best afford it and introduced her to them and gave an opening spiel, then I let her do the rest. Each time she did her ditty she did it better and appeared more confident. It is always better if you have someone to help you get your foot in the door and I was glad to do it.
She made either $17.00 or $22.00, I’m not sure which.
Love ya Sierra.
Grandpa Fred

...