Sunday, August 23, 2009

My 39th Birthday Blowout

Mom & Dad had been saying they were planning an all-day surprise for my birthday, but wouldn't tell me anymore than that. So when dad showed up on his Harley and in his bike gear...I wasn't sure what to expect.

We ended up going on a Harley Ride For Life/Poker Run. I had never done anything like this but it was amazing. You get a sheet, then you go to 5 different locations around the valley, pull a card from the deck, they mark it on your sheet & then you go to the next location for your next card. After going all over the valley we went back to the Harley store for lunch, raffle drawings and to find out who won the poker hand. There were tons of prizes and lots of good food. It was all to benefit the Ronald McDonald house. I know they made at least $10,000 just in the raffle/auction alone...let alone the entry fees for the Poker Rally.

Then all the bikers had a police escort to the Trace Adkins/Toby Keith Concert at the Usana Amphitheatre and a dinner sponsored by Texas Roadhouse-yum! Totally the perfect end to a perfect day!! The weather was great all day...super hot...and then to have it cool down for the concert was heaven!!! We had a fantastic day and I'm so glad I got to spend it with my amazing family!!!




Us at the concert...chillin on the grass!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Happy late Birthday!! Glad you had a great day!

Brandt, Braydi & Tylee said...

Looks like you had an awesome day! Happy Birthday! :) Love ya

...