Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chicken Pox?

I am pretty sure J has chicken pox. He has a pretty nasty rash w/ little blisters on it. We had an appointment at the doctor on Thursday- but when we got there the doc was MIA and nobody knew where he was. We waited for an hour but he didn't show. So I said I would reschedule if it got worse. And it did. So now I can't get him back in until Monday morning. I looked up some stuff on Web MD and it says "if you have already had the pox or have been immunized for it (he has) then you can get what they call a break through episode. It will be a very mild case, but you will go through all the same symptoms and stages." So we covered him in Calamine Lotion and he screamed bloody murder. Poor kid. But once the stinging went away he seemed ok. He hasn't been itching them at all which is good. I have had all of them covered in bandaids and neosporin for several days. He was a site with at least 20 bandaids. So I thought it would be good to let them air out so they can scab over and start healing.
So he is pretty lucky that it is just in one little area- but that little area is in his underwear which makes wearing the underwear and clothes a little painful. The twig and berries are safe. It's just to the right on his lower tummy, and a couple on his upper leg and side of his bum. But he is a trooper. Hang in there buddy.

On a side note Justice has been asking to "go bald" for a couple of months. So we shaved his head darn near bald. He loves it and can't stop touching his head. It's not my favorite look on him- but it sure makes doing the hair a snap- we don't even have to touch it!

No comments:

...