.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Yesterday I took the kids to the Draper Temple Open House. It turned into an all day event. I checked them out of school at lunchtime. We had a quick lunch at home, changed into our Sunday clothes and off we went. First we found the church we were designated to park at. We went inside and watched a movie about temples, what goes on and why we have them. Then we boarded a bus that would take us to the temple. Once we were there, they had covered walkways that lead us inside the temple. The tour was a "silent" tour meaning that they didn't have anyone explaining what each room was a what it was for. Since I went through before with Mom and Grama that was a bit disappointing- but oh well. So I was answering questions and explaining things to the kids the whole time. Sierra loved the celestial room. It has the most beautiful chandelier. Montana loved the creation room. The murals on the wall are so lifelike and beautiful. I told her that all the rooms are painted by someone with a paintbrush and palette of paint- just like she does sometimes. She was fascinated with that. Justice loved the baptismal font and the mirrors of eternity. After the temple tour we were led to a nearby chapel for refreshments, live entertainment and beautifully displayed artwork and pictures of temples. It was a great experience for us as a family. I think they were able to feel the love and peace that is in the temple. When we talked about being together forever as a family, I could tell that it stirred up a lot of emotions for all of us. I still know that God has a plan for us, even if our family isn't perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment