I have been told for years that I should get off pop. It's been my joy in life for so long. I love the sound of cracking open a new one, and the fizzy going down. But I have been reading a lot of research that is scaring the pants off of me. I knew it probably wasn't good for me- but it's got O calories, carbs and sugar! How bad could it be. Well- it's the aspartame, caffeine, and phenylalanine that is the evil part of these little beauties. I have learned that my Diet Pepsi addiction is most likely the root of my depression, memory loss, weight gain, and increase in appetite. And all pop has sugar or some form of fake sugar in it- so I am going to water- and all sorts of jazzy versions of water that do not contain sugar either.

I have asked for advice from people who have gone off pop and here are some ideas:
Cold Turkey
Workout when you want one (that would be 24/7- not a bad idea)
Drink lots of water
Emergency Packets (sugar type packets to add to water to help with the headaches)
One friend even suggested a modified 12 step program (that's how bad my addiction is) Step 1: Realize you have a problem.....
So wish me luck, prepare for my moody withdrawl symptoms, and pass along any wisdom you have. I think I'm giving up sugar next!!
No comments:
Post a Comment