Yesterday the kids were out of school (so teachers can prepare for Parent Teacher Conferences next week) so I took Justice, Montana, & Maddy (Tana's shadow aka bff) to the Children's Museum downtown. Maddy had never been so it was fun to see the kids showing her where all the cool stuff was. Justice was recruited to make a giant paper airplane with one of the staff. He thought that was cool. We went up & downstairs several times. The thing I love about the museum is that everything makes them use their imagination. There are no video games, movies, or cell phones!! They had a blast. Here is a list of the things we saw or did:
*Construction Site- building blocks with a big crane,*Play house- w/ full kitchen,*Grocery Store w/ cash register, produce dept., deli dept, and shopping aisles,*Farm-w/ a horse to climb on, chicken coop (Find the eggs), and a garden where you can pull veggies out of the ground, *Climbing Wall, *Water Play area, *Communication Area- Flags, Pulley Message system, Tube w/ speakers
*Magnet Experiments, *TV Station complete with green screen for weather reporting & tv cameras, *Real Helicopter to climb in and out of, *Xylophone type music area, And many other fun little things.
They love it there, but I fear they will grow out of it in the next couple of years. Enjoy it while we can I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment